Wednesday, May 1, 2024

LibraryThing Mobile App

I didn’t feel much like researching today.  I decided to see what I have recorded in my account under LibraryThing.

I realized pretty quickly, that I was missing many of the books I own that pertain to genealogy. Thus, I decided to add my books. Since LibraryThing has become more popular since I first started using it back in 2017, I found adding books was a breeze.

I used the desktop version and all I had to do was click Add Books then input the ISBN number and search. The book will display on the right side of the screen and I click Add Book to add it to my collection. I get a red warning “This is a Duplicate Entry” if I already entered the book.

I decided to see if I could print out a list and when Googling for instructions, it stated to click the More option on the top tool bar. That is when I saw LibraryThing Mobile Apps for iPhones and Android. This is better than trying to print out a list.

I can search my catalog and it shows I have 59 books; it states I have 7 Collections. The Collections consist of Your library, Wishlist, currently reading, to read, read by unowned and Favorites. I basically only use Your Library.

My Library consists of 42 authors, and I can view my alphabetically sorted list. It will show how many books by that author our in my collection. I have a few that have three books and a few more that have authored 2 books, however most are only one book each. Caution, when I click on one of my authors who displayed he authored one book, I click on his name and it showed two books. The second book shown was one he co-authored. Thus, it only gives credit in the Author list for the main author of the book.

In the app, to add a book, it gives an option to scan the bar code. How convenient this will be when I purchase more books. I have several saved on my Amazon Wish List that I wish to purchase. I like purchasing books during the winter months, when I am more housebound due to the weather and have more time to read them.

If you haven’t checkout our LibraryThing and you have a large genealogy book collection, I recommend you to check them out. In years past, I had a habit of buying the book more than once, and this has helped me see what I already have.

Remember to have fun and Just Do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.