Wednesday, May 1, 2024

The Year Ahead – May 1

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

May 1 – Happy May Day, the point roughly halfway between the first day of spring and the summer solstice. Review the goals you set in January and what progress you’ve made.


I had five goals for this year. 

1.) Keep up the “The Year Ahead” blog posts. – I am doing this so that is good. 

2.) Continue to participate in “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks” Blog post for those themes that move me. – I am doing this too, so that is good. To see these posts, go to my other blog, “My Simple Genealogy Research Blog”. 

3.) Finish the Jones book – I am so happy that one is off my list. I finished that in late February, actually Feb 22 is when I ordered myself a copy of that book. I learned so much from that project. Copies of this book, along with two other's I published can be ordered through LuLu, from my Author's Website. 

4.) I will spend at least one day a week researching the Goodwin Family. - I have been doing pretty good with this one too. I have been averaging about two days a week except the week my sister ended up in the Hospital. 

5.) I will spend my first hour of each research day with cleaning up my paper files. – Nope, haven’t been doing that. The first day I did this, I realize that it involves doing some research to see what I should do with the papers. It distracts me from my Goodwin research. Thus, I am rethinking if I want to continue this goal. I know it needs to be done, but perhaps not on the same day as my Goodwin research day. Perhaps on a different day.

Therefore, I am very pleased with my goals, I have completed one, and am actively working on the three of them and I need to reevaluate the fifth one.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.