Tuesday, May 7, 2024

The Year Ahead – May 7

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

May 7 – Purchase an orphaned family Bible or photo from a flea market and track down its rightful owner using websites such as DeadFred.


It always makes me sad when I see old photos or bible being sold at flea markets or 2nd hand stores. However, I guess that is better than all the old photos and bibles that probably been tossed in the garbage after someone passes on. 

In 2014, when I use to volunteer at my local genealogical society library, we came in possession of some bible pages. I did a little research on the family that appeared in the bible pages and did a five-part blog post about the pages and people as a way to preserve it for future generations. The first Part can be read here.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.