Monday, April 1, 2024

The Year Ahead – April 1

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

April 1 – Celebrate April Fools’ Day by writing down a funny family story or Grandpa’s corniest joke.

I wish I knew my grandpas’ corniest joke, unfortunately, my maternal grandpa died before I was born and the other one died by the time I turned 5 and I have no memories of him.

However, my father had a funny or maybe not so funny story. He had deep scratch scars on one arm and I would ask how he got those. The story would change from fighting a bear, to a lion to a tiger. It wasn’t until I was a teenager that my aunt, his sister let the cat out of the bag. My dad had a motorcycle and someone ran him off the road and he end up driving next to a barbed-wired fence and left him bloody. He then went to his sister’s home and she tended to his wounds.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.