Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The Year Ahead – April 23

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

April 23 – Time to create or review your genealogy reading list. Library Thing www.librarything.com is a great app for this task.

I found Library Thing many years ago. I created a personal library of all the genealogy books I own. I had found that when I was at a book store, I was buying the same book more than once. Not so much a problem anymore, since most bookstores have very little genealogy sections. I buy my books on line. However, if I am reading a blog and they recommend a book, I might not be in my office to see my book collection, Library Thing is access via the internet and then I can see what books I have.

If you like buying books through Amazon, it will remember your past purchases, however I like adding books to my wish list and then when I know I have time to read a new book, I can find it quickly to buy.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.