Monday, April 29, 2024

The Year Ahead – April 29

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

April 29 – Share your discoveries. Have you identified a mystery photo, or found your great-great grandfather’s military record. Send a copy to a relative.

There are many creative ways to share your discoveries. I created a FaceBook page for one of my ancestors, my DAR Patriot ancestor. I have discovered many distant relatives when they liked the page and post their own stuff to the page. Keep in mind, that anyone can view a “page” and thus keep the personal information off of this page. 

I also created a private group for my Hilts/Hiltz lineage. We use to communicate via MyFamily a website that was operated by Ancestry. However, when they decided to discontinue the website, I decided to try a private group. One has to be accepted into the group and you must be in the group to see posts. 

I also have blogs for sharing my discoveries. I find that sometimes, my blog is the only “person” who wants to listen to my discoveries. You don’t have to do a daily, weekly or even monthly blog. You don’t even have to be a writer; I clearly am not. Just bite the bullet and do it. My blogs are a way for me to share my discoveries to future generations who might not even been born.  Check out my website. You know what they say about the internet, “Once you put something on the internet it’s there forever!” 

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.