Tuesday, April 2, 2024

The Year Ahead – April 2

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

April 2 – The 1950 US census was related to the public two years ago today. Search it (and other censuses) for free at FamilySearch www.familysearch.org.

I have a subscription to Ancestry.com and I use it as my main lookup place. However, if I can’t find someone in a census, I sometimes go to FamilySearch to see if they might have indexed the name differently. Also, if Ancestry.com lists a FamilySearch film number, I sometimes go to their website and see if I can view an actual document.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.