Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Year Ahead – April 16

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

April 16 – You’re perfectly law-abiding, of course, but an ancestor may have done some jail time. Get hints on researching court and institutional records at Blacksheep Ancestors www.blacksheepancestors.com


I am amazed what a person can find even on living people in the court records of your state or county in the United States. I could not remember when my daughter’s divorce was granted and I found it in the county court records. I just type in a last name, and everyone with that last name that had a court case shows up. I even found the traffic accident I was in and was sued over in the list looking for her divorce date.

Does someone seem to disappear, see if perhaps they died and you might find their probate record. 

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.