Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Well another year has ended and a new year has started. Now that I am older, each new year feels like the first day of school. Remember those days, getting new school supplies, having all those blank pages in our new notebooks. Thinking of all the possibilities of what might occur in the next school year.

Well, this first day of the new year brings those same feelings my way. I think of all the possibilities of what might occur in this year. However, my "A" personality makes me want to make list. List of goals or projects that I want to accomplish this next year, such as getting that scanning project done of all those photo albums that my sister lent to me that she received from our Aunt. I better start it if I want to finish it before this summer.

I think about all the classes that I have scheduled for this coming year and the PowerPoint presentations that need to be completed. At least I have started those projects, but now I need to get more of them completed, so my next step is to start giving myself some serious deadlines.

I also have some projects that I am doing for my genealogy society, such as getting them more exposure on the World Wide Web through blogging and twitter. They have had a Facebook page for a few years, and I have also created a Google+ presence. I am trying to introduce some special interest groups into the society besides our general share session that we do. My main goal here is to get some other members to step forward and take responsibility for these groups. I try to let them know that I do not nor am I willing to do everything (in spite what some of the older members might think). I do not want to take over the society but to share my talents with them and to get new members to join.

Finally, I should not forget that I want to squeeze research time into this mix. Of course the scanning will result in research time, however I have many other research opportunities and goals that I want to accomplish.


So HAPPY NEW YEAR and have fun filling in all those empty squares on your calendars with all the possibilities that get accomplished in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.