Saturday, September 9, 2017

Where are all my Ancestry trees?

I do not consider myself a beginner when referring to Ancestry and/or Trees. I have numerous trees on ancestry such as my working genealogical tree, another tree that is bare bones that is tied to my DNA test results, my half-sibling ancestors, my husband’s tree and various project trees for branches I am trying to work through.  Currently I am the Chapter Registrar of my local Daughters of American Revolution and I have created several private trees for working on Prospective Members lineage. Plus I have been invited to a number of trees. However I have noticed I can’t find them all. ARGH!

In the list that shows up when I click trees, it appears it might actually be a list of most recent trees. The list is not exactly alphabetized and will only display 10 trees.

When I click on Create & Manage trees, I can find a list of all my personal trees. This list is an Alphabetized list.

It was on this screen that I finally saw “Trees Shared with Me”, I do not know why I never saw this before. Perhaps since the titles, My Trees and Trees Shared with Me don’t really stand out as something one could click.

After selecting the “Trees Shared with Me”, I saw all the trees (12 in total) that are shared with me and my tree role along with who maintains the tree. Many of these I forgot that it was shared with me. I wish I could add a note for myself to remember why this tree is shared with me and perhaps the last time I visited their tree. I do like that I can see when the tree was last modified.


When I click Tree Overview, I see additional information about their tree such as recent photos, stories, audio and videos, along with who the Home Person is and a summary of the number of people, photos, stories, records, audio and videos.


When I click More Info, I am taking to the Tree Settings page where the Tree Name and Tree Description that was created by the tree creator will display.  It appears I can choose a home person and who I am in this tree.


Finally going back to the first image of the list of trees under the menu choice of Trees, I wish it had a direct link to “Trees Shared with Me”, so that I didn’t have to go to Create & Manage Trees and then click on Trees Shared with Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.