Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Year Ahead – September 28

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

September 28 – Planning to get a flu shot? Investigate how the pandemic of 1918 affected your ancestors. Check for articles on Google Scholar <scholar.google.com> and in historical newspapers.

I remember when I first learned about the pandemic of 1918, when I was visiting a cemetery with my father. I noticed a lot of people, especially younger adults who seemed to die between 1918-1920. That is when my father explained the pandemic and stated that it seemed to take a lot of the younger adults. I wonder if they thought they were invincible, or healthy that they could never get sick. Reminds me of the pandemic of 2020.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.