Monday, April 11, 2022

Find A Grave – Suggested Edits Approved Email Update

Usually, we hear a lot about the cons of a product. People naturally complain and I am no exception. However, I thought I praise an update I came across today.

I am no stranger to making edit suggestions on Find A Grave, I will add full birth dates and death dates if I have found a birth or baptism record to prove the full birth date or a death record that proves the full death dates, I will make those suggestions on Find a Grave. I will attach children to their parents, spouses to their spouses, only if I am 99.99% certain that my facts are accurate. I am never 100% sure about anything, plus it gives me an out (wink wink).

Anyway, usually when Find A Grave responds to your suggested edits, it an email with the person’s name, memorial number and a link that says, “view memorial”.

 


 Imagine my surprise at receiving the following email. WOW

 


Now I can see what my suggestions were. Sometimes I can’t remember what I suggested, so this is really a nice feature. Just in case the image throws you off, her maiden name is “Irish” has in Patricia Irish not that her maiden name is of Irish origin. 

Thank you Find A Grave for the update and to anyone out in the genealogy world who might have made this suggestion, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Everyone keep doing Genealogy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.