Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The Year Ahead – May 28

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

May 28 – Have old videotapes or films that you’d like to digitize? Try a service such as Larsen Digital www.larsendigital.com

I have also seen a service called Legacybox. I haven’t tired them, but I have lots of old slides that I would like to digitize. I have a way of doing it myself, however it is very time consuming. I also purchased a slide projector years ago, so I could review the slides before deciding if I want to digitize them. Many are from my father’s travels as the Internarial Service Manager for Mercury Marine and thus, they don’t have pictures of people.

There are many from various camping trips we took as a child and I am more interested in the ones where my parents, siblings or myself are in.

So, decide if you want to take this endeavor on yourself, or if you want to farm it out to someone else. I plan on creating a pile that I want to digitize and then I will decide if I want to do it myself, or send those off to be digitized. Most likely, I will send them off, I can’t even find time to review the slides.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.