Wednesday, February 7, 2024

The Year Ahead – February 7

 In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

February 7 – Today is Safer Internet Day. Consider changing your passwords, and install any updates to your apps, browser and virus-protection program.

This is something you might want to added to your calendar, plus, you might want to do this several times a year. I find that if my computer suddenly is acting slow, I always manually check for operating system updates, or browser updates. I even found that after a windows update, one of my computer settings was turned off and left it open to hackers. 

As for passwords, make sure you are not using the same password for multiple sites. I don’t even like using my Facebook login or my Google login to access some websites. Thus, if they allow you to setup a login using your email and a unique password, select that option.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.