Wednesday, September 18, 2024

The Year Ahead – September 18

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

September 18 – Clean out your email inbox. Some programs let you export messages directly, or you can copy and paste them into a word-processing document.

It’s good practice to clean you’re your email inbox. You can create subfolders in your inbox, if there is something you want to save. For example: I created a “Saved” subfolder and I put my special activation codes into this email for some of the software products I own. I print them out and keep them in a special paper folder in case my computer crashes and I need to restore anything. However, I also keep them in my email, because if my house were to burn down, I would still have a copy.

If I want to save an email, I have copy and paste into a word-processing document, however, I have also printed the email as a PDF and then save it on my computer. My automatic nightly cloud backup service makes a backup of this file and any other new file I create.

If we let our email inboxes get too big, you might not receive any new emails. When I was a secretary of various groups and had to send out meeting reminders or other notices to our members, there always seemed to be at least one person’s email who would get rejected because their email inbox was full.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.