Saturday, September 7, 2024

The Year Ahead – September 7

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

September 7 – Dust off tapes of oral history interviews (or your now-grown toddler singing nursery rhymes). Transcribe them or convert them to digital files with a tool such as Digital Media Converter www.deskshare.com/dmc.aspx

I don’t have any oral history interviews. For this introvert, that would have meant me having to talk to people. When I started my genealogy journey as a teenager, I was too shy to ask relatives that I didn’t know very well. I also, didn’t know what to ask. Learn from my mistakes, don’t be shy, just pick a person and see if they will share any stories with you.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.