Sunday, September 8, 2024

The Year Ahead – September 8

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

September 8 – Remember Grandma and Grandpa on Grandparent’s Day by writing down your favorite memories of them.

Sadly, I have only one grandparent that I remember, my maternal grandmother. She passed away when I was nine years old. I remember visiting her and I would try to be the first to run into the house and give her a hug. I also remember her visiting our house for holidays. My mother, who had nine children, would invite her mother, her aunt and husband, her sisters and her brother—in-law and her niece and nephew for holidays. It was a lot of people in our home. Yes, we had a kids table, and me being the youngest sat at this table many years. Even after my siblings started having children of their own, I was stuck at the table, keeping an eye on them.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.