Tuesday, January 16, 2024

The Year Ahead – January 16

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

January 16 – Download indexes for all 20-plus years of Family Tree Magazine at www.familytreemagazine.com/freebie-article-index-downloads.

I do keep my past issues of Family Tree Magazine. The first 16 years are on several CD’s and a few additional issues are on my computer in PDF format. I love getting the magazine in the mail, I love the pull-out sections for the Cheat Sheet and the Research Guides. I wish Family Tree Magazine still offered those wonderful CD’s but I understand that CD’s are a thing of the past. Many new computers don’t even come with a CD drive. They do offer digital issues of the magazine for purchase. At one time I subscribed to both the digital issues and the print issues but then the digital issues stop being PDF’s and I had to use a separate program to read them. I like PDF’s because I can read those on my iPad.

Anyway, check out the index, I find some past articles are still relevant today. Keep in mind that those articles that reference weblinks might not still work

Remember to have fun and Just Do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.