Tuesday, January 9, 2024

The Year Ahead – January 9

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

January 9 – Review family history note from your conversations with relatives, and add new information to your software and/or charts.

To be honest, I don’t have notes from conversations with my relatives. My older relatives died while I was still in grade school. Sadly, I didn’t write notes of conversations I had with my parents.  However, I do have notes, when I visited courthouses and didn’t pay for a copy of the vital records, since they were too expensive in my state, I recorded what I saw. These along with any previous documents you saved or printed are great to review. I have a better knowledge of genealogy today than 20 years ago. I have a bigger tree today than 20 years ago. Some of those people attending a funeral might actually be relatives that now they maybe in your tree to expand on. For example: if they state Mr and Mrs John Jones and their son, Clifford attended a funeral. Maybe now you have a John Jones in your tree and you can research to see if that John also has a son Clifford. 

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.