Friday, January 5, 2024

The Year Ahead – January 5

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

January 5 – Take a stop to an office-supply store or browse online to stock up on file folders, notepads, pencils, USB drives, whatever’s on your supply list.

Even though on-line shopping is very convenient. I like browsing the clearance racks at my local stores. Many years ago, I was able to get colored file folders. Both the hanging and non-hanging type. That was the year I redid my file system and changed from binders to a color-coded system. 

My local office-supply store has recently closed. So, check out the office-supply area of grocery stores or discount department stores. They might be having a sale on some items. What about the clearance area of these stores, I find all kinds of treasures there. Plus, I have found office-supplies at the dollar stores, the variety might not be there, but I have found post-it-notes, pens, highlighters, pencils and more. 

Remember to have fun and Just Do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.