Friday, January 26, 2024

The Year Ahead – January 26

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

January 26 – Brainstorm ideas for a genealogy blog, and research possible platforms. Check GeneaBloggers www.geneabloggers.com for tips and inspiration.

I have three genealogy blogs. They all can be found at my website of www.cmfilipiak.weebly.com I started one in 2011 for a surname, titled "Hilts and Hiltz Cousins Blog" in connection to my private Facebook group by the same name. I haven’t done much on this blog, but I know it’s here when I do start researching this family branch again. 

My second blog also started in 2011, titled “My Simple Genealogy Research Blog” was for my personal research. A place I could record strange findings, share new technology or anything else I pertained to my person research.

My third and final blog is titled “Out on a Limb Genealogy" which I started in 2013. This is where I share stories from assisting other people’s research. I even used it for software tips.

So, what ideas do you want for a genealogy blog? Remember to do this blog for yourself, don’t worry if no one else will read it. I don’t have huge numbers of people reading my blogs, however the few that have left comments have been newly found relatives or other people who also found it interesting. 

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.