Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The Year Ahead – January 23

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

January 23 – Celebrate National Handwriting Day by trying to decipher script in hard-to-read records. Get tips at www.familytreemagazine.com/records/documentary-evidence.

Reading old handwriting or even my own handwriting can be challenging. I like to transcribe all documents, especially those with hard to read handwriting, so that I don’t have to keep trying to make out the document every time I review it. After the first time, I can refer my transcription, however you always want the original to reference, in case you think you made a mistake in the transcription.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.