Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Year Ahead – June 16

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

June 16 – Observe Father’s Day by focusing on your paternal lines. And don’t forget to call the dads in your life!

Growing up, Father’s Day was a big deal in my family. One of my sister’s was born on Father’s Day and she shares her birthday with our older half-sister. We had many cook-out/pot lucks on Father’s Day. Usually a wonderful weather day, we gather at my parent’s home, play badminton or croquet in the yard.

When my parent’s moved to Arizona, my oldest brother started to have the Father’s Day celebration at his home. He had a huge yard. Now that he is gone, I try to have my children over for Father’s Day. However, this year, my husband will be helping our youngest son move into his first home in Wyoming, and thus no Father’s Day celebration this year.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.