Sunday, June 9, 2024

The Year Ahead – June 9

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

June 9 – A pack-rat ancestor may have left an envelope or shoebox stuffed with old receipts for purchases, bills and bank deposits. Track it down, then decide what is and isn’t worth keeping.


I think I am the pack-rat ancestor that my descendants will have to decide what is and isn’t worth keeping. I am trying to go through my piles now, so they don’t have to. So if you are like me, who didn’t inherit stuff but is becoming the future pack-rat ancestor, do your descendants a favor and go through all that stuff now. You really are the best person to decide what really needs to be kept. And no, you don’t need those bank deposits or cancel checks from 1990.

For disclosure: This isn't a picture of my desk. I really couldn't work like this. I have my piles hiding in boxes and cabinets. ;-)

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.