Monday, June 17, 2024

The Year Ahead – June 17

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

June 17 – Page through old address books for names of past generations, friends and neighbors. Then look up their surnames in a modern telephone book or on social media to see if you can find descendants.


I remember coming across my mother’s address book after she passed away. I still have an address book, as a backup to my phone contact list, it doubles as my Christmas Card mailing list.

My research often involves trying to find descendants. I find an obituary and if they list the descendants and their current town, I often use property tax records and look up their last name. Keep in mind, that everyone doesn’t owe property, but when they do, it helpful if you want a address.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.