Sunday, March 10, 2024

The Year Ahead – March 10

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

March 10 –Don't let losing an hour to Daylight Saving Time set you back. Catch up on your genealogy (paper or electronic) filing today.

I know I have stacks of paper that I need to review and organize. When I was working, I wasn't always able to do genealogy research, sometimes, I would find out that Ancestry.com was having a free weekend, and I would do tons of gathering of sources and print out lots of papers that I meant to follow-up with later. Well, later didn't always come and now decades later, I still have paperwork that needs to be sorted and review. 

This task can seem boring compared to finding new information, however, since permissions to database sets change over the years, I might have something in that stack that I can't find online today. Thus, I will try to set aside one or two hours a week to catch up on this paper.

I also have electronic junk folders in my genealogy folder with lots of finds that I need to follow up on too. So much work and so little time.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.