Thursday, March 7, 2024

The Year Ahead – March 7

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

March 7 – Use the photo-identification tips from page of this issue to investigate a mystery photo of a woman in your family.

One tip states that you should not assume that everyone pictured in your family photo collection is a relative. Our ancestors swapped photos with friends just like we do today. I remember looking at a scrapbook my aunt had, and she had lots of photos of friends. This is when I realized that all the photos I came across in my parents collections, were not necessarily relatives.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.