Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The Year Ahead – March 19

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

March 19 – The windows can wait – spring clean your genealogy research instead. Sort your papers, file emails, and tidy your computer desktop. 

I love having a clean work space for my genealogy. I quickly collect items, reference books, pens, scraps of papers, post-it-notes, and more that clutter my work space. I like to make sure my notes still make sense. What about those how to do notes? Do you know how to do it without referencing the note? Then toss it.  Can your notes be combined onto one piece of paper, instead of multiple notes? Do you have a small container that your notes are in, so you can find them easier? My desk has a open shelf below the lower drawer on my desk. I like to put all my user manuals for my genealogy software there. I also put any book that I might be reading that pertains to genealogy in this spot too. This quickly cleared a lot of space on my desktop. 

Check out the helpful hints in the following article: "Organize your Genealogy Research Space like the Pros".

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.