Tuesday, March 12, 2024

The Year Ahead – March 12

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

March 12 – Wish you could visit your ancestral homeland or take a genealogy cruise. Daydream by visiting your target country’s tourism website or www.genealogycruises.com.

I have been fortunate to visit my ancestral homeland, Ireland back in 2003. I had been communicating with a woman who married into my family surname. She showed me where she believed my ancestor lived. Since then, her husband took the Y-DNA test and matched to my father.

Start planning your trip now! If you don't plan on it, it won't just happen. Does traveling oversees seems daunting? Then plan a local trip to an area that your ancestor’s lived, or perhaps a cemetery, where many of your relatives may be found.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.