Sunday, March 31, 2024

The Year Ahead – March 31

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

March 31 – Back up your family tree data, and print updated research logs and charts.


Happy Easter, print out those charts so that you can share them around the dinner table. Always have a backup plan for your family tree data. My plan consists of a nightly cloud service backup, that backups not only my genealogy data, but all my data found on my computer. Then once a month, I back up my folders to an external drive. 

Develop a plan and in my case, I pick the first Monday of each month to do my manual backup and it’s a recurring event on my calendar and thus I get a reminder on my phone.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.