Sunday, August 11, 2024

The Year Ahead – August 11

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

August 11 – Do a “happy dance” the next time you find a new detail about an ancestor. Make sure you record the discovery in your research journal or log.

Let’s be honest, you don’t have to remind a genealogist to do a “happy dance” when we find new detail about an ancestor. However, you do have to remind them to record the discovery in their research journal or log. This is one thing that many hobbyist genealogists skip. I don’t have a research journal or log, but I use my notes fields in my genealogy software program when I had to analysis multiple documents and I want to remember how I came to the conclusions that I did, and why I think the documents are for my person.  

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.