Monday, August 12, 2024

The Year Ahead – August 12

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

August 12 – Dig out your old 35mm slides or negatives and start scanning them If you don’t have a compatible scanner, research a service that can digitize them for you.


I inherited a huge collection of 35mm slides from my parents. Many of the slides are from my father’s world travels as the International Service Manager for Mercury Marine, a Brunswick Corporation. However, many are also are from the vacations we took where we went on 3 week camping trips all over the United States and in Canada too. 

One summer, many moons ago, I had my eldest son start scanning the pictures. When I went to look at them, I realized that he scanned the images in reverse because we were all left-handed kids roasting marshmallows. Trust me when I say, we are not that talented to do anything left-handed.

Thus, I did some research and found a service that would my slides, but their prices are based on a box of 25 slides, having over 50 carrousels of slides which contain over 100 slides per carrousel, I know I need to scale down the ones I want. 

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.