Friday, August 23, 2024

The Year Ahead – August 23

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

August 23 – Search for your ancestor’s hometown among the thousands of groups or pages on Facebook www.facebook.com

I belong to many general genealogy groups based on software, websites, DNA and methodology. However, I didn’t even thing about looking up my ancestor’s hometowns. I have a branch of my family that came from Herkimer County, New York and I found the group “Herkimer County History & Genealogy”. It states that this is a place to share the history and genealogies of Herkimer County, NY. WOW! It’s a private group, and they ask a few questions and you answer them and wait to be accepted.

What group could you join?

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.