Thursday, August 15, 2024

The Year Ahead – August 15

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

August 15 – Ancestral adoptions can stop your research in its tracks. Learn key strategies for success in our online article www.familytreemagazine.com/adoption-records-and-research-strategies.


My mother was adopted by her stepfather, which I suspected when I found her parents marriage occurred when my mom was just 2 years old. I used DNA to figure out her father.

However, if a person is adopted, like two of my cousins, they have no names to go on. This page doesn’t just have one article but several that sound very interesting. Who knows, perhaps you have an adoption in your ancestry, but just don’t know it yet. Besides, my mother, my DNA appears to confirm my paper research.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.