Friday, August 30, 2024

The Year Ahead – August 30

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

August 30 – Read a comparison of popular note-taking options at www.familytreemagazine.com/websites/notion-for-family-history-projects.


This article talks about Notion and gives a comparison to Evernote and Trello. I did follow the link to Notion and it does state you can get it for free. I tried Evernote many years ago, but found it didn’t work with the way I do research. However, everyone is different and you might like the features of Notion.

My advice: Don’t create your Notion account using your Google or Apple account. I have stated this before, if either of those accounts get hacked, you could lose access to Notion too. Instead, enter your personal email in the work email box, they will send you a code. After you enter your code, you will be asked for your preferred name and to set a password. Use a unique password for this account and don't duplicate your passwords across the accounts you use. I have a little password book where I write all my passwords. I know they say don’t write it down, but let's be honest, how will we remember them.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.