Wednesday, August 21, 2024

The Year Ahead – August 21

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

August 21 – consider adding the surnames you’re researching to your email signature.

I first suggest you get a dedicated email for your genealogy use. I have a separate email from the one I use to pay my household bills. It’s more of a personal email, however, it’s the one I always use for genealogy purposes, and having a special genealogy related signature isn’t a bad idea.

I have a business card that I use for genealogy purposes, and in the past I had it printed with surnames from my pedigree chart. However, I noticed that my current one doesn’t have this. I could easily print out some address labels with this information and place it on the backside.

On my business card, I don’t have my phone number listed because I don’t usually answer phone calls from unknown numbers and thus, I would not answer it. I rather deal with email first and then if a phone call is necessary, we can exchange numbers. I use this as a way to quickly share my information to people I might meet at a library, genealogy organizations I belong too or even conferences that I attend.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.