Monday, July 1, 2024

The Year Ahead – July 1

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

July 1– For Canada Day, see what resources are online through the Library and Archives Canada  https://library-archives.canada.ca/eng/Pages/Home.aspx

I have a branch of my family that settled in Canada, during the Revolutionary Times. Thus, I decided to try looking up that surname. The First World War Personnel Records are a goldmine. They not only list the young man and his birthdate and place, but gives his father’s name too. I saw one that listed his wife as his next of kin, thus I could at least see a first name for the wife. I will have to explore this resource a little more when I am researching that surname.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.