Wednesday, July 17, 2024

The Year Ahead – July 17

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

July 17 – Put on your detective hat, get out your magnifying glass, and take a closer look at family documents and photographs for clues you may have missed.


Reviewing your previous research is always a must. You might know more about your family today then you did last year. Since I am currently researching and identifying all the descendants of one of my 3rd great grandparents, as I go through the family, I first look at what I have already discovered. Obituaries for example, perhaps the names will make more sense now. Maybe if they listed all their grandchildren (first name’s only) along with any spouses, I have figured out some of the grandchildren and I can add their spouse’s name. This will make researching those individuals a little more easier in identifying if I have the correct person.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.