Friday, July 5, 2024

The Year Ahead – July 5

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

July 5 – Pay tribute to your Czech roots by listening to a polka tune, or drink a cappuccino in honor of your Italian kin.


I find myself drinking a pint of Guinness in honor of my Irish kin. My father and I traveled to Ireland and were lucky enough to meet up with a possible cousin. She married someone with the same maiden name as myself (a rare name) and found how we might be related to her husband’s family.

My father took a Y-DNA test with FTDNA and many years after our trip and after my father passed away, her husband also took a Y-DNA test with FTDNA. It shows that they are a match with a genetic distance of 4 steps.

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.