Sunday, July 28, 2024

The Year Ahead – July 28

In the January/February 2024 issue of Family Tree Magazine, they have introduced The Year Ahead, 366 genealogy tips will make 2024 your best research year yet by Lisa A Alzo. Lisa mapped out a day-by-day research plan.

July 28 – What is the best advice one of your parents gave you? Write it up, then share with family.

My parents have been gone many years. The one advice I most remember from my father has to do with writing. He stated that sometimes you just have to start. Jot down points you want to cover and then go back and expand on those points. Before you realize it, you will have the document completed. I use this advice often when I am creating a PowerPoint for my genealogy society.

From my mother, it has to do with cooking. She mentioned that a person should always have certain staples in their kitchen, such as noodles, spaghetti sauce to name a few, so when unexpected guest shows up, you can always throw together a meal. In my cupboard, I have noodles, rice, powder milk (sometimes a recipe only wants ¼ cup or less of milk), spaghetti sauce, a couple cans of soup and can meats like chicken, tuna and even Spam (which I like better than ham).

Remember to have fun and Just do Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, however all comments must be approved before posting. Thank you for your understanding.